The William Hill Sportsbook has officially launched its betting app in Illinois making it the fifth online sportsbook available in the state. There is currently a promotion for a $300 risk-free bet and that money will reportedly be available for instant an withdraw while using the app. As the legalization of online gambling in Illinois continues to spread, the folks at William Hill have just thrown their hat in the ring.
Let’s learn a little more about the William Hill Sportsbook in Illinois.
Website Review and Mobile App Download
The William Hill Sportsbook website is very clean and it immediately instructs you to download the mobile app for iOS and Android. You can also search for retail locations but currently the Grand Victoria Casino in Elgin is the only one listed for Illinois. There’s a section for press releases and you can sign-up for the newsletter.
As we said, the goal is to download the app. You can download the William Hill Sportsbook mobile app by clicking the link on their website or searching iTunes/Google Play. The actual name of the app you download will be titled “William Hill Illinois” as there appears to be different flavors of the app for different states.
Upon launching the app, you are asked for your phone number to register.
After entering your phone number and choosing to “register,” you are brought to a sign-in screen. At this point, you can login or create an account. One would assume account creation started with your phone number while registering, but it doesn’t appear that way, yet.
When you choose to create an account you have three phases. Enter promo code MOCKERY300 to get free money.
- Enter Account Info: email, phone, password, last four of ssn
- Scan you ID: picture of front, scan barcode on back
- Verify your Information: submit your application
After following the three steps, if you’re lucky, your application should be instantly approved. Upon proceeding you will be met with a message that indicates you can instantly fund your app using one of the available deposit methods.
To deposit funds you simply have to click on your avatar icon on the top right. There are four options to deposit money using the William Hill Illinois Sportsbook app.
- Credit / Debit Card: instantly fund using all major credit/debit cards.
- Play+ Prepaid Card: transfer funds from PayPal, bank accounts, or credit/debit cards.
- e-Check: transfer funds with higher limits from the bank with an electronic check.
- Deposit Cash in Person: fund your account at Grand Victoria Sports Book.
Making Your First Bet
To make your first bet simply find the sport you are interested in betting on and select it. As an example, we’ve selected the NFL.
As you can see, there are three primary ways to make a bet on the William Hill Illinois app.
- Money Line: betting on the winner of the game. The +/- number indicates how much you will win if you bet $1.00. For example, if a team is +115 and they win, you would win $1.15 for every $1.00 you bet.
- Point Spread: the handicap created for the game. The +/- number indicates the number of points a team is favored or the underdog. For example, if a team is -2, they have to win by more than 2 points to win the bet.
- Total: the total points scored in the game by each team, you have the ability to bet the under or the over.
By selecting one of the options you can then choose the amount of money you want to wager and place your bet. There is a message that displays that indicates if you make multiple bets they aren’t made as parlays.
4. Parlay: combining one or more bets in an attempt to win more money.
The William Hill Sportsbook Illinois users have three options when attempting to withdraw funds.
- e-Check: safest withdraw option to your bank account
- Play+ Prepaid Card: instantly withdraw to a bank
- Cash Out at Our Sportsbook: going to the casino
There are several additional features users of the app can take advantage of. Those come in the form of parlay cards, promotions, futures, quick bets and a live chat with support. The William Hill Sportsbook mobile app is packed with features and should be a top competitor when it comes to online wagering in Illinois.
The @WilliamHillUS Sports Book app is LIVE in Illinois!
For over 86 years, we’ve been taking bets…
and we’re just getting started.
Download the app, register, and put America’s #1 Sports Book in the palm of your hand.
Let’s make it interesting!
— William Hill Illinois (@WilliamHillIL) September 15, 2020