Notre Dame has seven hard-commits for 2021 thus far, and can really compliment them with these top three recruiting targets the Irish need to land for 2021.
The Current Class Of 2021
Although recruiting prospects has been temporarily suspended, the Irish have already got hard commitments from some top tier talents in the class of 2021. Six of them are currently four stars on 247 sports.com, while only one of them is considered three stars.
The class is already headlined by Tyler Buchner, who has recently transferred to a more competitive school in preparation to compete on the next level. But if this were a concert, the talent of these incoming guys would all be headliners.
Buchner will get Deion Colzie and Lorenzo Styles Jr catching passes on the perimeter plus a big bodied tight end in Cane Berrong as a safety net.
In the trenches the Irish will add Blake Fisher (OT) and Gabriel Rubio (DT) to be the line of scrimmage. The pressure Fisher keeps off of Bucher and co, will be equally as impactful as the pressure Rubio delivers on opposing offensive linemen.
When Rubio lives in the backfield he will open the gates up for Justin Walters, a three star safety from Bolingbrook, IL.
Top Three Targets The Irish Need To Land For 2021
First on the list is a guy that Irish insiders truly believe will end up in Blue & Gold on Saturdays.
Five-star RB Will Shipley on his bond with the #NotreDame commits in the 2021 class…
“That’s what’s so special about them. I really do feel like they’re some of my best friends. I can’t say that about anywhere else.”
— Tom Loy (@TomLoy247) March 13, 2020
He seems to have taken a liking to some of the other members of the 2021 class, notably, Blake Fisher.
Shipley, a five star all-purpose back has been compared to Christian McCaffrey. Who coached McCaffrey? Our very own running game coordinator Lance Taylor.
At this point losing Shipley would be a gut punch – but head coach Brian Kelly and Coach Taylor will continue to put in the effort to bring in a guy with his upside.
Before you jump on my case about Notre Dame recruiting another wide receiver, hear me out.
Egbuka and Buchner have been in communication, albeit in a light hearted exchange.
At that time everyone called me crazy, but shortly following the article, Egbuka withdrew his commitment from the University of Washington due to a coaching change.
The five-star receiver will likely land elsewhere, but the last time the Irish were recruiting a talent west coast WR who had already committed, they were able to flip them and he’s turned out to be every bit as good as advertised.
That was Braden Lenzy.
Spindler is on this list for a handful of reasons. The Irish seem to remain in contention as they just made his top 10 list.
— Rocco Spindler (@RoccoSpindler92) March 2, 2020
In all likelihood he seems to be leaning to his home state Michigan Wolverines, the Crystal Ball has the Irish as having 25% chance to land him versus the Skunk Bears’ 75%.
Based on what I have seen, he’s got the potential to be the next Quenton Nelson and simply put, the Wolverines do not deserve nice things.
Come to Notre Dame big fella!