A survey conducted by the National Hockey League Players Association (NHLPA) showed that despite the Blackhawks struggles this season, NHL players still hold the organization in high regards.
Over 500 players participated in the survey from October through January 2018 that looked at skills, coaches, arenas and teams among other things. Fans spend countless hours debating these subjects but the view from a player’s eyes can be quite different.
The following list contains notable rankings that involve the Chicago Blackhawks organization. Full rankings here.
- Patrick Kane – 3rd in hardest player and forward to play against categories.
- Patrick Kane – 4th for player you’d want on you’re team if you need to win one game.
- Captain Jonathan Toews – 2nd in the best role model and best team player categories.
- Jonathan Toews – 4th for player to start a franchise with.
- Joel Quenneville- 1st for coach you’d most like to play for.
- Ulf Samuelson – 3rd for next assistant to become head coach.
- Jonathan Toews – 5th for player that would be a great coach.
ARENAS AND TEAMS
- United Center – 2nd for favorite arena to play in.
- Blackhawks – 1st for Best fans (30% of votes, 11% better than 2nd Nashville).
None of these rankings should come as any surprise to the Blackhawks or its fans but sometimes you just like to confirm your feelings. I believe these rankings are a good reason for many fans to stop freaking out and be reminded of how good we have it.
This season is a throw away and we have some of the top players and coaches to build around. Now we just need Stan Bowman to find the right pieces to fit around them.
Follow @Pappy_Hour on Twitter for more Blackhawks news and musings.